Clean Up Your Laundry Routine
Is your laundry routine in tip-top shape? When cleaned up, your laundry room and its contents contribute to an efficient laundry routine that is safe for the entire family. Follow the laundry safety tips below to ensure you are using and storing Tide laundry products properly and help keep a safe home.
A Clean Routine
While we know that laundry is one of your daily or weekly tasks, there are small, yet important steps you should take to help keep your laundry room safe and secure. Watch this video to find out how you can make the laundry process safer for your family.
Tips on Making the Laundry Process Safer for Your Family
When cleaned up, your laundry room and its contents contribute to an efficient laundry routine that is safe for the entire family. Follow the tips below to ensure you are using and storing Tide laundry products properly.
- In addition to keeping products out of reach of children, to assure child safety keep products in their original container, with the label intact.
- After each use, completely close the container and immediately put products away in their appropriate storage location.
- Follow all recommended product instructions, and pay particularly close attention to all 'Caution', 'Warning', 'Danger', or 'Poison' statements.
- To prevent pacs from dissolving before use, you should always close the package and handle with dry hands.
- Clean up any spills immediately after they occur.
- Be sure to wash your hands after doing laundry, as well as any utensils you use to dispense or measure products.
- Aim to take care of the laundry and other cleaning chores during your child's downtime (such as naptime). This will help to ensure your attention is not diverted while using laundry and cleaning products to help avoid unintended exposure.
- Follow the recommended product disposal information that is indicated on the label.
- Never use empty detergent containers for storing any other materials, especially for anything intended for human consumption.
If an Incident Occurs
Unintended exposure with laundry products usually causes no serious medical effects.
- If it gets in the eye(s), then rinse immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice, as needed.
- If on the skin or clothing, remove contaminated clothing and rinse skin well with water.
- If swallowed, drink a glass of water or milk and contact the Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Following these laundry safety tips will help to keep your home as safe as possible. Know what to do before unintended exposure happens. Read the product safety Information provided on the package.