No one likes a smelly washing machine. It leaves you with an unpleasant odour and can actually make your clothes smell bad, too.
Have you ever washed a load expecting that clean, fresh feeling only to be greeted with stale-smelling clothes? This could be because you left your clothes in the washing machine for too long after washing, but it could also be because of lingering odours in your washer. The former is easy to prevent. Simply remove clothes as soon as the cycle finished.
For a smelly machine, the good news is, it’s very simple to deal with washing machine odours and bring back that freshness to your washer. You don’t need to buy a new machine or call a plumber – a few simple tricks can refresh your smelly washing machine.
Clean clothes start with a clean washing machine, so take care of your machine with a few simple steps.
Use a Washing Machine Cleaner
Just like your clothes, your washing machine needs a good cleaning from time to time. Give your washer a monthly maintenance wash, and you can easily avoid those unwanted washer smells.
- Remove all clothes and items from your smelly washing machine.
- Pour Tide Washing Machine Cleaner into the drum of your smelly washing machine.
- Run your washer on a hot, empty cycle once a month to give your washer drum a good cleaning.
- Once you’ve put your washing machine through the cycle, you’re ready to do the laundry.
Tips to Keep Your Washer Clean
In addition to using a washing machine cleaner, keep those washing machine smells at bay with a few maintenance tips:
- Give your washer a wipe down each month with soapy water. Make sure you clean the inside of the drum as well!
- Leave the door and the dispenser drawer slightly open when not in use.
- Remove your clothes as soon as the cycle has finished. Don’t let them sit in the drum!