No one likes bad smells. But sometimes, you pull out an old garment or a towel only to be greeted with that unwanted odour. The good news is, you can get rid of musty smells and keep your favourites smelling fresh with some help from Tide.
Smells come in all varieties, ranging from stinky or funky to sour mildew ones, and they're all due to different causes. These odours can be triggered by sweat, heat or closed spaces. In the battle with clothing odour removal, only a full regimen can help you beat the stench.
Why do Clothes Smell Musty?
What causes that smell? When body soils, grime and dirt build up, it causes fabrics to release odours when exposed to moisture. This is especially true when it comes to fabrics like towels. But, you can get rid of these smells altogether with some laundry know-how.
How to Get Rid of Musty Smells in Clothes?
Remove musty smells with Tide’s Febreze Odor Defense Collection. Our Odor Defense line has been designed to tackle annoying odours from garments and towels.
• Fight set-in odours with Tide PODS + Febreze Odor Defense
• Eliminate odours at the fiber level with the help of Tide ODOR RESCUE with Febreze Odor Defense
for a deep clean.
• Neutralize and block odours for up to 24 hours with Downy Fresh Protect with Febreze Odor Defense.
Simple Steps to Remove Musty Smells
Tips to Avoid That Musty Smell in Towels
Fortunately, odours in towels and clothes can be eliminated or avoided when you follow our tips above on how to get rid of musty smells. TIDE PODs with Febreze Odour Defense is especially good for preventing or removing off-putting odours from towels, but you can also try some of the following tips for keeping towels nice and fresh!
- Hang your towels up to dry after each use. Even if you only use your towel very lightly, it’s important to air dry your towel away from steam to avoid unpleasant smells.
- Dry towels immediately after washing. If you leave your towels in the washer or sitting around damp, there is more chance mildew will grow on your towel, and you don’t want that!
- Only store your towels when they are completely dry. This avoids the unpleasantness of musty towels.